Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer











Summer is a busy time of year. I am not sure why due to it is so hot outside, but as for our summer it is flying by. I guess it has almost been 3 months since I updated this blog. I am not sure why I can't seem to keep it more updated than that. We really haven't done anything in the last couple of months. Just Brian working and me taking care of Addison. She is almost 11 months old now. She is very busy. She crawls around and gets into everything. I don't think it will be much longer and she will be walking. We did get pictures made in April. My friend Amanda took them and they turned out great. I did post one of them on here at the top of the page. It won't be much longer and it will be time to get her 1 year old pictures done. It is amazing how fast they grow and how much they change. She for sure has her own little personality and everyday is something new.




I have nothing new going on. I think I had told a few of you about possibly buying a children's clothing boutique here in Jonesboro. That fell through. We talked with the current owner several times but we were advised that her asking price was not near where it should be. I really wanted it to work out because that was something I had really wanted to do. I would love to have my own store and I thought this one would be perfect due to it was already established. But it is not worth just following a dream when the price is not right. I sure don't want to get into a situation where I over pay for something and then it end up being a burden. So there went that.




As for Brian, he is officially a 2nd year resident now. He was really excited not to be an intern anymore. Although I am happy for him not to be on in-house call anymore, I am not sure that it will be much better for him to be at home and be getting phone calls at all hours of the night and having to get up and go in. I know that is going to be hard on me if I am getting woke up that much also. I am a bear if I don't get my sleep. Ha. Oh well it is what it is.




As for the holidays for the past couple of months, we haven't done much. Memorial Day we just hung out at Brian's parents pool with the family. Of course for all holidays you just eat way too much. For the 4th of July, Brian and I went to the lake with Brian's brother, sister-in-law, and their kids. It was alot of fun. Addison did not make that trip. She is just too small for things like that yet. The rest of the weekend we were in Pocahontas with our families. We also went to the fireworks show in Jonesboro. It was a good show, but Addison managed to sleep through all of it. She was just too tired.




I think that is about it for us for right now. I will post an update sooner this next time. We do have some things coming up that will give me something to write about. And of course we have a birthday coming up for Addison in the next 2 months so I will post lots of pics from that. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment